Friday, December 7, 2007

ahem... i said, a-HEM!

to welcome the first real snow of the year, i also got to welcome and become the home to a nice little cold. fun! there are cold bugs having a party in my nose and throat. i wish they'd keep it down a little. those cold bugs sure are party animals.

i managed to sleep until 11:30 this morning. at 10:30, i thought, "i should really get up," plopped my glasses onto my face... then woke up an hour later with glasses marks pressed into my cheeks. a good look for me. so yeah. good times.

on the plus side of the ledger, i finished making and addressing almost all of my christmas cards, watched "batman returns" (it's a christmas movie... really, it is!), and worked on some knitting. specifically, i finished dad's present, the sharfik scarf. i am so in love with this scarf that i wish i could keep it for myself. i guess i'll just have to make my own one of these years. i also didn't take a shower until 3:30 this afternoon. yummy.

first, some "i just woke up and it snowed last night" pictures. this is the view out my window through my sorry excuse for a curtain. note the vw bus that hasn't moved since i moved in.
071207. contrast trees.


me gazing out the window.
07120. looking out the window.


my little lovey, boombox. he's about 2-1/2 years old now, but he was born in the wilds of bloomington, indiana. one day, his mama (monster kitty - the sweetest stray cat i have ever met) just disappeared; about a month later, she showed up on my friend's front porch with six fit-in-the-palm-of-your-hand fuzzballs. over the next month or so, i changed my mind roughly 15 times about which kitty i wanted to take home with me, but boombox had just a little extra sass. a lot of personality in that little furball, lemme tell ya.
071207. boombox being cute.


finished! my very own noro kureyon mittens.
yarn: noro kureyon #212
pattern: warmest mittens
needles: US 4 (cuff) and US 5 (all the rest)
071202. noro mittens.


i know, i know... it is SO DAMN EXCITING! first pair of mittens EVAH!
071202. noro kureyon mittens, all done. so exciting!


i decided to explore cables with the warmest mittens pattern. yup, these cables were supposed to be in the MIDDLE of the mitten. however, i kind of like the side-cable look of them. the yarn colors are gorgeous, but let me advise anyone against ever buying this stuff. it twists and unwinds and winds up on itself the entire time you're working with it. in other words, joann fabrics' debbie mumm traditions yarn is a total pain in the ass. don't go there.
071202. butter mittens!


cable close-up:
071202. mmm, buttery...


and drumroll please... as mentioned above (i think? i don't know, i'm delirious), i finally finished the sharfik scarf for my dad for christmas. i don't know why, but those last three cable sets were impossible for me to finish. like pulling teeth. like knitting and walking at the same time. in short, impossible.
071207. sharfik scarf in all its super-long glory.


"i'm a model, you know what i mean," and i wear my little scarf on the catwalk. i also am a total nerd and have no idea why i look so serious here. smile, dammit!
071207. sharfik scarf and me looking very serious about the whole affair.


in other news, the entrelac scarf is coming right along. i really like it, but my picked up stitches are a bit, erm, obvious. ah, well, i'll keep chugging away and see if i can't figure out what the hell i'm doing wrong.
071201. entrelac scarf.


oh, and? i have a football watching date on sunday. wahoo! i am way too excited about football this week. for serious.

No comments: